The Library is public, open to readers and visitors from Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm. Identification or a reader's card must be presented at the entrance to the Library.
Any person wishing to use the Library's collections and documentary resources must present a valid reader's card at the entrance to the reading room, then deposit it at the circulation desk, where a seat number will be attributed to him/her.
Readers who do not yet have a reader's card must register with the duty librarian.
Services available to readers:
- 140 seats for working and reading;
- Consultation at the Library:
- Requests for material are made at the Library, using the computer catalogue. Average waiting time for an item is 10 minutes.
- Consultation of fragile, rare or precious works is subject to the authorisation of the duty librarian.
- Some items cannot be consulted immediately. The delay is indicated in the catalogue and the Library will inform the reader when they are available.
- Free Internet access (wireless connection and workstations);
- Bibliographic information, help with research;
- Electronic resources in open access;
- Imaging services:
- personal photography for personal use for pre-1900 collections
- reprographic service for professional use and publication
- Interlibrary lending;
- Bookshop (Mazarine Library publications).
For more information, see Mazarine Library Regulations.